Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
WRIST CURL - Free Weights
- Palmaris Longus (inner forearms)
- Flexor Carpi Radialis (medial forearms)
- Stand by the edge of a bench, with a barbell on the floor in front of you.
- Using legs squat down and grip the bar with palms up
- Arms are at wider than shoulder width.
- Sit down on the bench and place forearms onto the thighs.
- The hands should extend beyond the knees.
- Now relax the grip and slowly roll the barbell down your hands until it is held only by your fingertips.
- When the stretch is felt, tighten your grip and contract the muscles of the inner forearms.
- Curl the bar and wrist back up.
- Hold momentarily, and slowly roll the barbell down again.
- Repeat 12-15 times.