Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
LEG PRESS - Machine
- Quadriceps (front of thigh)
Hamstrings (back of thigh)
- Keep abdominals (stomach) contracted.
- Keep back flat against the seat without arching.
- Place the feet shoulder width apart on the foot plate.
- Keep heels on the plate throughout exercise.
- Push the foot plate up so that the legs are out straight in front of you.
For images, see Wikipedia
- Slowly lower the foot plate so that the knees are at no more than a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly push plate back until legs are again straight.
- Don't over extend knees.
- Pause briefly.
- Repeat 15 times.