Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
- Latissimus Dorsi (upper back)
- Keep abdominals (stomach) contracted.
- Keep back flat against the seat without arching.
- Adjust seat position so that the knees are at a 90 degree angle to the floor.
- Grasp the bar with the hands shoulder-width apart.
- Keep the head up, shoulders back, chest out and leaning back slightly.
- Slowly pull down the bar down towards your chest, keeping elbows back.
- Don't pull the bar down behind your back, which can cause rotator cuff injury.
- Pull bar down to chest.
- Slowly extend arm up to start position.
- Pause again.
- Repeat 12-15 times.