Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
BICEP CURL - Free Weight Barbell
- Biceps (upper front of arm)
- Keep abdominals (stomach) contracted and the back straight.
- Feet should be shoulder width apart.
- Knees should be slightly bent to avoid lower back stress.
- Hands should be shoulder width apart on the bar.
- Keep your thumbs wrapped around the bar.
For images, see Wikipedia
- Raise barbell slowly.
- Keep shoulders stationery.
- Pause, then lower the barbell.
- Repeat 12-15 times.