Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
BENCH PRESS - Free Weights
- Keep abdominals (stomach) contracted and back flat against the bench without arching.
- Feet up on the bench or on the floor for added stability.
- Adjust body on the bench so that the bar is at chest level.
- Keep wrists in a locked, straight position and thumbs wrapped around the bar
- Keep hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Slowly lower the bar to just above the chest.
- Pause, then slowly raise the weight.
- Repeat 12-15 times.