Shuffle Attack & Plyo Combo
- Start Position:
- Facing front, out of a "bob and weave"
- This is a 32-count combo I use in Cardio KBX. It has three main parts that I break down, and then I put them together full-speed.
- Shuffle with 3 jabs, finish with a cross (4 counts)
- Bob and weave, guard up (back to home) (4 counts)
- 2 upper cuts (4 counts)
- 2 side kicks (4 counts)
- 1 slow squat (4 counts)
- 1 jump squat (4 counts)
- 1 burpee (8 counts)
- There should be about 1 second to catch your breath after the burpee, so you can switch directions on the next shuffle. I normally teach the shuffle-attack, bob home as an 8-count combo. Then I do 2 uppers/2 sidekicks/4 jacks as another drill-combo. Finally, I do a squat series (starting low impact and working back up to high), and then I have the class practice an 8 count burpee several times. (Make sure to cue form, especially on the burpee.) I then put it all together, and run through the combo for about 2-3 minutes without stopping.
If you email questions, put "IFA Kickboxing" in subject line!
- Date: 1/09/12 at 12:50
- Email: email@example.com
- Rem Agent: M/4.0 (MSIE 8.0; Win NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C)
- Rem IP: 22.214.171.124