- Start Position:
- Left side facing target, feet shoulder width apart, left foot forward.
- Rear leg come up and strikes target as body swings to left
- Transfer weight to the left leg.
- Begin turning towards target, weight on front leg.
- Lift right knee up and close to the body.
- Unload the left knee as turn is executed to avoid knee injury.
- Rotate left foot pointing left toe away from kick.
- Lean slightly to the left at the waist.
- Point right bended knee at target.
- Extend right leg outward do not hyperextend the knee.
- Lower left arm to the side (for balance)
- Rotate right hip forward
- Strike with the top of the foot and toes pointed down.
- Place right foot down wider than shoulder width.
- Should be facing opposite from start (right side to target)
- Side of kneecap if target side is facing you
- Side of thigh if target side is facing you
- Side of abdomen (kidney area)
- Above waist (hand, face) only for the advanced student
- Left Roundhouse kick can be done by reversing the above.
- Don't just rotate foot down, rotate hip forward, the toes will follow.