Front Kick / 3 Punch Combo
- Start Position:
- One foot forward the other approximately 12 inches behind.
- Forward leg front kick followed by a jab, cross, and jab combination.
- Starting position with fists just below cheekbones
- Front knee lifts straight up at comfortable position
- Extend leg forward, Do Not hyperextend at knee
- Strike with ball of foot then return to start position
- Follow with a Boxer's Jab
- Follow with a Boxer's Cross (power punch)
- Repeat the Boxer's Jab
- Kick to:
- Lower Abdominal region
- Solar Plexus
- Punches to:
- Body (stomach, solar plexus etc.)
- Great for Aerobic Kickbox classes because it follows the 4 beat sequence of most music.
- Punch and kick ranges can vary (ie. hi jab - low cross - hi jab) for more versatility.
- Lawrence Castanon is a:
- Physical Education Instructor at Rockland Community College
- Certified 2nd degree Black belt in Kickboxing
- Certified Personal Trainer with NFPT
- Certified Group Exercise instructor