Front Kick - Rear Leg
- Start Position:
- One foot forward, the other 8 - 12 inches behind.
- Use rear foot to kick while bringing it forward
- Feet about shoulder width.
- Transfer weight to the forward leg.
- Look at target.
- Bring rear leg forward.
- Lift rear knee to highest position.
- Lean back slightly at the waist.
- Extend leg, but do not hyperextend the knee.
- Strike with the ball of the foot.
- Return foot to behind position.
- Just below kneecap
- Above waist (hand, face) only for the advanced student