Specific Aerobic Activities
- Use a good running shoe.
- Land on the heel and rotate to the toe, except when sprinting stay on toes.
- Use orthotic inserts if necessary.
- Restrict vertical movement, don't slam down, glide.
- Use the hand rails for balance only, not for support.
- Keep back and head straight up in vertical alignment.
- Using 8 to 10 inch step strokes uses 15% more energy.
- Restrict side flex movement.
- Assume upper body slightly forward with head upright.
- Adjust seat for near full leg extension.