Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
SQUAT - Free Weights
- Place an empty bar onto a support rack and load the desired weights.
- Grip the bar at shoulder width or slightly wider.
- Position the body under the barbell,
- Keep elbows pointing outward and feet shoulder width apart.
- The bar should easily rest on the anterior deltoids and clavicle bones.
- Pointing the toes inward emphasizes gluteals in this exercise.
- A weight belt may be needed to stabilize the back muscles.
For images, see Wikipedia
- Descend slowly into a front squat.
- Knees should not move past the toes.
- Descend no more than a 90 degree knee angle.
- At bottom, exhale and push back up to the starting position.
- Repeat 12-15 times.