Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
- Latissimus Dorsi (side back, wings) (primary mover)
- Deltoids (shoulder) (assisting)
- Biceps (upper arms) greater involvment in Chinup than in Pullup
- Forearms (lower arms, for grip) (assisting)
- Keep abdominals (stomach) contracted.
- Keep lower body stationary, don't swing.
- Palms should be facing outward (pronated).
- This exercise with palms facing inward (supinated) is called a Chinup.
- Keep thumbs wrapped around the bar.
- Pull up until chin clears the bar.
- Pause slightly.
- Return to lower position.
- Repeat 12-15 times.
For images, see Wikipedia
- Add weights using a dipping belt.
- Muscle-up, don't stop when chin clears bar, but continue up until arms are straight.
- Pull up until the bar is behind the neck.
- One armed pullups.