Animated image courtesy of PhySys
Static image courtesy of Leonard Krasniqi
BACK EXTENSION - Roman Bench
- Erector Spinae (Lower Back)
- Hamstring (Upper rear leg)
- Gluteus Maximus (Butt)
- Lie on the bench in the prone position.
- Start with head and back lowered and perpendicular to the floor.
- Hands behind the head and elbows out.
- Edge of bench should be just below illiac crest (groin on bench).
For images, see Wikipedia
- Extend back and lift back to slightly above horizontal position, exhale.
- Inhale and return to start position.
- Repeat 12-15 times.