Step Aerobics Basics
- Never lock out knees and elbows (keep them "soft").
- Keep your body in a neutral position, neither arch nor round your back.
- Always keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- All kicks should be low kicks.
- The music should be at about 122 to 128 bpm in order to complete each move with proper form.
- While doing high impact footwork, keep light on the balls of the feet. Imagine you're on a glass floor.
- Make the whole leg act as a shock absorber.
- Never let the knees extend past the toes.
- Always point the knees in the same direction as the toes.
- Limit repeater moves to 1 minutes intervals
- Never step forward off the board.
- Always keep the whole foot on the board. No toes or heels hanging over.