- Start Position:
- Feet shoulder width apart or closer.
- Kicking a target to either side.
- Transfer weight to the right leg.
- Look at target to the left.
- Lift left knee up and inward towards body.
- Lean slightly to the right at the waist.
- Rotate right foot pointing toe away from kick (unload knee on turn).
- Maintain front stance.
- Extend left leg outward do not hyperextend the knee.
- Lower right arm to the side (for balance)
- Rotate hip forward
- Strike with the blade of the foot (side) and toes pointed down.
- Return left foot to side position.
- Shin if target front is facing you
- Side of kneecap if target side is facing you
- Groin if target front is facing you
- Side of thigh if target side is facing you
- Above waist (hand, face) only for the advanced student
- Right kick is done the same.